05 December 2009

Sittin' Up In My Room

"Sittin' Up In My Room" aside from being one of pop singer Brandy's last hits is exactly what your "home girl" did today. I am also in for the night. I am also hungry, that's beside the point though.

See this little beauty below. I made it today. I only need to stitch the edges and decide if it will be a pillow case or part of a quilt. I don't know.I like to make "cloth" to borrow from Jude but I do not feel the need to actually make something with it after I'm done.

applique

Lisa sent me an email of upcoming C&T books. One of which is a book called Tile Quilt Revival. It looked like something I've been thinking about since seeing these curtains on the Anthropologie website. I have been thinking about making them since the summer but, just never had the energy. My next thought was to make a quilt using the same idea because I do not have good warm blankets. Well, I only have one.

When I saw the Anthropologie curtain I knew immediately where the motifs came from. I have two books with them inside. The "Tile Quilt Revival" book took my idea to another thought because it suggests drawing a picture, cutting out the different shapes and leaving space between them. C&T has it so you can see a preview of the book. If you are in the market for a new reference book I recommend this book. I like to work with large pieces which is why the Anthropologie curtain appealed to me. I put it all together and came up with this.

3 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Very nice! Can't wait to see what becomes of it...
I'm a ny'kr too! Happy sewing!

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
StockinGirl Legwear said...

That is beautiful.

Love to see more