19 August 2008

Apothecary?

Well I do not post a lot. I read a lot of blogs but, rarely comment. As a result I do not get a whole lot of traffic so I don't feel bad about not posting often.

Well, your "home girl" is about to take some classes at FIT. I hope to get a graphic design degree. Wish me luck. I already have a degree from FIT so I will not have to take liberal arts.

The latest issue of Domino came out and the "Peacock Hues" article really caught my eye. I'm not usually a jewel tone person so I had to seize the opportunity. I scanned it and came up with a color story based on the swatches. I hope to do a lot more with this in the coming week but wanted to share my inspiration with you. The September issue is all about color and I like to get magazines when the focus is color even though I feel as though I have a good color sense.





I sometimes put olive oil in my hair. So I decided to make myself some herb infused olive oil. Here's what I did. I bought lemon, lavender, and rosemary. Used a vegetable peeler to peel off the lemon rind. Careful to not get the pith(all the essential oils are in the skin). I put the lavender and rosemary in a ziploc bag and pound them to bruise the leaves and then put them in oil. After all this I looked up how to and found Solarkat's Eco Blog. It's a cool blog especially if you like natural products. I found that I'm not far off the mark. However, this way takes 3 to 6 weeks.


Here is my work station.



Here is side view!

Here is another side view!

Well that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed your visit.


Oh, Oh, Oh! P.S.
Here is a photo of my Olmo. I usually do not get to photograph him because he's so curious that he walks toward the camera.I caught him while he snuggled up next to me. It's a little blury due to camera shake(I don't like to use the flash) but, you can still see his gorgeousity.

No comments: